Friday, October 29, 2010

Sá-wát-dee (Hello)!!!


Welcome to the Thailand team! I first want to congratulate you on being accepted to the program, that says a lot about you. I can assure you that not just anybody is accepted to this program and that the admissions team took a good deal of time considering you! I personally have been involved with YouthLinc for over 2 years now. The experiences I have had and people I have met have changed my life. I can assure you that if you put forth a good effort that you too will have amazing experiences.

As a part of the YouthLinc experience you will have the chance to contribute to all our committees, which are: medical, educational, vocational, cultural and social work. Your skills and commitment to serve will be great assets in making all these committees successful. I can promise you that as do your best and devote your heart and energy to the projects we will plan together, that your experience serving in the Thai community will be one that changes your life.

Please come prepared for some exciting and collaborative monthly meetings where we will plan our trip and prepare for our projects. These meetings will be very informative, so bring any questions and ideas you may have to share or please feel free to contact me at any other time.

This experience will allow you to strengthen you character and give you skills that you will use the rest of your life. This experience will give you back so much more than you can imagine. I cannot wait to get to know you and more importantly I cannot wait to serve those in our community and those in Thailand alongside you. Be prepared to have one of the best experiences you’ve ever had or will have! I am here to help so please never hesitate to ask any questions.

Welcome,

Pete Frost

Team Leader, Youthlinc-Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment