Friday, September 9, 2011

Why join Youthlinc? Statements from our Alumns (Applications due Oct. 8th!)


It’s that time of year again, when Youthlinc starts accepting applicants for another exciting Service Year.  In a couple months,  hundreds of individuals will embark on a fantastic live-changing journey, discovering just how much they can accomplish in the world.  We are so excited to meet these individuals, and to witness what awesome changes will be made due to their efforts.

For those who are considering applying for Youthlinc, we invite you to learn more on our website, watching our 2011 video, or reading through our blog.  We also want to share what the Youthlinc family has to say about their experiences.  We hope you’ll join us!  Applications are due October 8th!


“I joined Youthlinc to experience the true feelings of happiness and gratefulness that only service can provide.  And to be a part of a wonderful family of people who all have the same desire to live a life full of helping others locally and globally!” --Jillian Queri, 2011 Peru Team member

“My experiences with Youthlinc have re-affirmed my belief that humans can support each other across cultures and continents, that we are all in this together and that we can build relationships on profound levels by working together.  Service is the path to true human connection.”  --Vivian Shell, 2011 Cambodia Team mentor

This program has been life changing.  I have always been grateful for what I have, but this adds a whole new meaning.  The life I lead and opportunities I have are amazing, and I want to spend my life doing what I can do make this a reality for others.”  --Carly Poth, Bountiful High School

Service transcends countries, cultures, language barriers, etc. It provides an enormous learning experience that teaches about how much we have and how much can be gained by doing service.”  --Peter Frost, Thailand Team leader

“This experience has blown me away every day. I honestly have never worked so hard, sweated so much, or been so exhausted. But I have also never loved a group of people so much, loved my work with my whole entirety, or felt so completed.”  --Ben Harries, Park City High School

“This experience has given me a whole new perspective, and I feel that this is just the beginning to a completely new part of my life.  Service is no longer a pastime, but a priority.  While it is harrowing to think of all the needs of the world, this experience has taught me that I am completely capable of making a major difference in the lives of others.  Not only that, but the even bigger impact that helping others has on me."  --Anna Vincent, Utah State University

“I believe Youthlinc has had a great impact, not just in the dust, but in the hearts of the children.  We left a mark of a brighter future these children can search for.”  --Bryon Ensign, East High School

 “Youthlinc has forever changed me.  It has humbled me in every way possible.  It made me appreciate my freedom as a girl in the United States.  I am so grateful.  I never realized how much service could change me.  I love it.  I have learned so much about others, but most of all, I have learned about myself.” –Erin Berg; 2011 Kenya Team member
 
“I have learned a lot and grown a lot over the past year with my interaction in Youthlinc.  I have learned organizational and planning skills.  But most importantly, I have learned people skills.  How we all come together from different backgrounds, cities and personalities, then grow together as friends under the watch of service is truly amazing and to learn how to reach out & touch lives.”  --2011 Kenya Team member

“I have been changed in more than one way. A lot of times people look at the negative aspects of humanity, but Youthlinc proves that there are people in this world who truly care for others. It was great to serve around 30+ more people with a mind centered on service.  I love service. No matter how much you serve others, the feeling of satisfaction and of appreciation never gets old. I plan on continuing to serve others daily whether it be by opening a door for someone, or donating more time in service to others.”  -- Trevor Williams; 2011 Mexico Team member

I know my life has been changed by these experiences.  I am humbled & joyed by it all.  I find the most happiness when I’m making others happy.  I want to help be the change today that makes the difference tomorrow.  Even if one person’s life is changed because of mine, it's worth it.”  --Micadyn Judkins; 2011 Mexico Team member

“Youthlinc has helped me in so many ways.  Local service made me realize there are service opportunities EVERYWHERE and I want to find them.  International service has helped me realize that there are good people everywhere.  You can find friends and opportunities everywhere if you are willing to go and put forth the effort.”  --Melissa Fillmore; 2011 Mexico Team member

“I feel that my life has been changed for the better. I now know not to judge people right away, or to take anything for granted. I truly have been humbled by this great adventure. I want to serve so much more and be able to help everyone.  I want to devote more of my time towards serving and working with others. I am truly grateful for this adventure and how it has taught me so much about myself.”  --Mallorie Duke;  2011 Mexico Team member
“Youthlinc has impacted me greatly. Going on this trip has opened my eyes to an entirely different world. This trip makes me want to serve my community and the world more often in the future.”  Cole Robbins—2011 Peru Team member

No comments:

Post a Comment