Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cambodia Team Arrives in Singapore!

We have arrived in Singapore! What seems like this morning, we were all saying goodbye at the Salt Lake airport and three flights later, it's the middle of the night here in this empty, colossal airport. Our first stop was in LA (pictured above) then onto Tokyo, Japan on a double decker plane (pictured below) and now we pass the time enjoying the butterfly garden and koi fish pond that are featured in this airport. 


So that was Janey and now it's Jory! I got a lot of sleep on the plane, which was a blast (as much as sleeping can be). It's always nice to be woken up by flight attendants asking if you want to eat beef or chicken or whatever. Jacob, who was sitting near me, was so groggy he ordered the Japanese speciality, which he found out was utterly disgusting. He barely ate any of it, which was funny to me. Were kind of all struggling to get proper nourishment here, because I skipped meals because I managed to sleep the majority of the flight. The Singapore airport though is super nice and you will get to hear more about it!
Janey, here! I'm lucky to say I was the first off each flight and the first to experience each airport bathroom. Tokyo was the most exciting because the toilets were electronic with buttons and instructions to further your bathroom experience. For those who get embarrassed, there is a flushing noise feature to mask any personal sounds that you my be insecure about. Water cleansing features are also available for those who desire it. Singapore is known as one of the cleanest countries, which I noticed in the bathroom here as well because there is a touch screen asking users to rate the bathroom's cleanliness on a scale of smiley faces. 



Back to Jory. For me, originally getting on the flight to Los Angeles was hard because I was worried that I didn't know any of the people going. Three flights and all the layovers involved, all those reservations are gone. I feel much more comfortable with all the people and I'm super excited to spend the next week or so with them in Cambodia. We have played lots of games and even the small conversations I've had when I was conscious on the plane were entertaining. The plane also had an awesome TV, which I watched The Big Bang Theory and The New Girl for a few hours. So funny. So if your child was as freaked out as me about going with this mysterious group, I'm sure they feel the same way I do! Next up, Cambodia. 

Due to extreme exhaustion, Jory and I have been known to fall asleep on just about any flat surface that the airport gives us. The cold marble floor of the LAX was for less comfortable than the carpet of the dark Tokyo airport. However, all these naps are far better than a cramped up airplane seat. I was lucky to have a window seat the whole way, so I got comfortable and watched my favorite movie, School Of Rock, before falling into a deep, cramped sleep once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment