Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kenya Team Day 7

Another eventful, crazy service filled day. After another yummy breakfast by the Nuns, all the service began. We plait into our groups and went our ways.

Construction is coming along very fast at both the Secondary and Primary school. We bring the workers gloves to use because they don't have any. IT has been really fun to talk to the workers and get to know them, even though the language barrier can be difficult at time.

The libraries are almost all set up and I got to teach today. I taught math to a first grade class and it was very fun. I teamed up with Jackson and we both taught seasons. We showed them pictures of what seasons in USA looks like and they were all very excited to learn it.

Vocational skills finally got under way after some complications with the machines, but they were able to begin teaching baking and computer skill. Its crazy to think that people have never used a computer mouse, and then to see them think it is the coolest thing ever.

Today, after I was done teaching I got to play with the kids and did the macarina, only we said the months of the years instead of the actual words of the song. They thought it was the funniest thing ever. We started doing it as fast as we could and they were all laughing way hard. I couldn't help but laugh with them.I had the biggest smile on my face. This place brings me so much joy. I don't think i have ever been this happy in my life. It really is an amazing feeling.
First grade class we taught seasons too.A classroom made from stick and mud.Britnie recieved a chicked as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment