Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kenya 2012 Testimonials


“I’ve learned not only how important service is, but how one person can make a difference and feel so much happiness through helping others.” – Rachel Gutke

“Youthlinc is as ‘hands on’ as it gets. Whether it be construction, or going personally to meet the needs of others on home visits, or teaching in the schools, the Kenya trip was all hands on.” –Jake Segura

 “When we first arrived at St. Peter’s in Kajuki, all of the kids were singing outside and had been waiting for us to get there all day. It was so hard leaving those children, many tears were shed at the end of the trip.” –Erica Thompson,

“Youthlinc provided multiple service opportunities during the year and at our site in Kenya. At both sites I was able to help and direct people with the skills that I had.” –Marissa Unbedacht

“I wish I would have known how hard it was going to be to say goodbye!” – Rachel Gutke

“Everything about Kajuki was hands on. We all threw ourselves in our work no matter what committee we were on. I enjoyed experiencing parts of other committees. As I taught kids how to make button bracelets and as I helped with the murals, or helped paint the school” – Madeline Rencher

“Youthlinc has shown me the importance of hands on, intimate service. It has given me more reason to serve and has shown me the difference I can make.” –Jake Segura

“I have many favorite moments. But the best was when we first drove up to Kajuki much later than when they expected us. There was singing and smiles and introductions and hands shaking and it all just felt so surreal. I couldn’t believe I was experiencing this remarkable of an event.” - Madeline Rencher,

“My favorite moment was when leaving Kajuki.  I was searching everywhere for the one girl I especially connected with, and I couldn’t find her anywhere. Eventually it was time to leave and I was forced to get in the van. As we were pulling away she ran from the distance crying.  She got on her knees and blew a kiss.” – Callie May

No comments:

Post a Comment